Friday, February 17, 2012

Nutella Thumbprint Cookies

I didn't get to try any of these either! You can probably tell we had a lot of nutella when I was at home this winter...I made these for, not my mom's this time, but my dad's work. They finished it all so they must have been good! I can't imagine they wouldn't be...basically a chocolate chip thumbprint cookie base with nutella swirled in the middle? Mmm. These were easy to make, too!




Nutella Thumbprint Cookies
Recipe from Eyes Bigger than my Stomach

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large yolk
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup plus 2tbsp flour
1/3 cup chopped chocolate
Nutella for filling

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy

Add egg yolk, vanilla, salt and mix

Add flour and beat on low speed

Add chocolate

At this point, you can freeze the dough for up to a month if you want

Form dough into balls

Place on parchment paper or a silpat baking sheet

Make a “thumbprint” depression and fill with Nutella

Place in freezer for 15 minutes

Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes

1 comment:

  1. These look great you should make them again

    ReplyDelete