Friday, February 3, 2012

Chocolate Truffle Cookies

Long time no post! Sorry--Winter break came around and I got really busy, things happened, and suffice to say I got really distracted from posting on this blog. But I do have a lot of new recipes to post now! I didn't bake too much, but I have 8 recipes to share, and planning on trying a new recipe next week.

Right before I left for Winter Break I made four batches of cookies in one day, separated them onto foiled pieces of cardboard, and delivered them to a lot of college friends. I tried three new recipes (this is one of them) and then Chocolate Crinkle Cookies which I made last year.

Here are the Chocolate Truffle Cookies! I think I liked these best of the four I made (the other two I'll post about later!). The original recipe suggests I cover them in powdered sugar but they were already pretty sweet so I kept them plain. Maybe not the prettiest cookies, but they definitely melt in your mouth and taste like truffles!




Chocolate Truffle Cookies
Recipe adapted by What Megan's Making from Baking Bites

1 1/4 cups butter, room temperature
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups chocolate chips
approx. 1/3 cup cocoa powder (for rolling)
approx. 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar (for rolling) (I didn't add this)

Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Sift in cocoa powder and salt, and mix well. Beat in sour cream and vanilla extract. With the mixer on low, blend in flour. Stir in chocolate chips.

Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the cocoa powder and place on baking sheet. (If the dough is hard to handle, refrigerate the dough for 30-60 minutes before shaping the cookies.) Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are just barely set. Let cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

When cookies have reached room temperature, after about 30-45 minutes, roll in powdered sugar until completely coated (I didn't think it was necessary). Store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

  1. They were really good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete