Monday, February 6, 2012

Marshmallow Bars

I made these bars as one of the four batches of cookies I made for my friends before winter break. I think my friends liked them a lot more than I did, which was good--they were definitely different. They were also the only not-as-chocolaty cookie that I made for my friends...I would have made fewer chocolate cookies but didn't have the right ingredients for anything I felt like making, haha. These were really easy!



Marshmallow Bars
Recipe from Allrecipes

1 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.

Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in marshmallows, chips and walnuts.

Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment