Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing

Okay, maybe I'm taking the weak way out. I've been jet-lagged and job-searching and haven't had time to bake anything new. But at least I'm giving you a recipe! Unfortunately, this is a recipe more appropriate for when I made them in October, but that's okay. I promise to make it up to everyone in a very good way, soon!

These cookies were delicious. Half my friends preferred them with the icing, and half without. I thought that the icing made them more like cookies, because without it they were more like scones because they weren't as sweet or dense as cookies.

Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing
Adapted from allrecipes by me. Found on My Baking Addiction

2 cups unsalted butter; softened
2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin (solid; not pie mix)
2 eggs
2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
4 cups all-purpose flour

Cream shortening, butter, white sugar and pumpkin. Add eggs and mix well.

Sift together the baking soda, ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, salt and flour. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.

Drop from spoon to cookie sheet. Bake 13-15 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Cream Cheese Icing

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp butter, softened
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk

Mix the cream cheese with the butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract, and milk in a bowl. Heat in a microwave for 15 seconds. Drizzle spoonfuls over the cooled cookies and smooth with the back of a spoon or a spatula.

1 comment:

  1. wow these were from a long time ago but i remember them being very good! :)

    ReplyDelete