Saturday, May 22, 2010

Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies

And finally, my last day of baking in this kitchen. I'm leaving the East Coast and returning to the West Coast for the summer, where I'll continue baking. I made these cookies on Monday.

I still had leftover oreos from when I baked the last recipe, and I still had some more supplies, so I searched for a recipe that would let me use some of the things I already had without having to buy anything else...these were easy to make but didn't make very many. Still, they were very good and very sweet. The one I tried just melted in my mouth! If I made these again, I would double this recipe (the blog I got it from, Picky Palete, said this was halved) and bake larger cookies (mine were bite-sized so that I could make more).

Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies
Recipe adapted from Picky Palete

1 stick softened butter
6 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp brown sugar
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla
1 ¼ cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
8 Oreo Cookies, broken
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cream butter, and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.

Add flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.

With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.






1 comment:

  1. these were soooooo good. should've eaten them more slowly though to savor them.

    ReplyDelete