Saturday, October 16, 2010

My New Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is my first CCC recipe I'm posting. I used to only make the original Toll House recipe, and then found a great recipe that I thought would be my favorite, and then I decided I wanted to find a crispy chocolate chip cookie recipe and found this. Although not crisy entirely, it's crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside...and oh my god, this is the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever made. EVER.

After the first bite I thought I was dreaming. And then got scared that I would end up eating the entire batch (all 15 monstrous cookies), but remembered that they had to go somewhere (to my friends...) so that I couldn't eat anymore. Good excuse. Plus, honestly, this cookie filled me up. Just one cookie...albeit the size of 3 or 4...so good. I honeslty don't want to find out the nutritional value of these suckers.

I didn't have any cake flour so I substituted with 1/8 cup cornstarch + 7/8 cup AP flour.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from My Madison Bistro

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cake flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
12 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325*F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and position oven racks in the middle of oven.

Sift together dry ingredients into a small bowl. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter and sugars, and stir with a wooden spoon until mixed. Add the egg and yolk and stir until well mixed. Add vanilla, stir to combine.

Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, stir until just a trace of flour remains. Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine. Using a large spoon, mound about 1/3 c of dough (these are large cookies) onto the baking sheet, about six cookies per sheet.

Bake for 16-19 minutes, rotating pans halfway through. Cool for five minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to wire rack.






2 comments:

  1. OMG these look amazing - I am going to try making these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a good thing i wasnt in charge of giving these to my suitemates...

    ReplyDelete