Saturday, October 2, 2010

Brownie cut-out Cookies

Yesterday night I decided I was way too stressed to even write a post for an old recipe. This morning I decided that, it was okay, I could spend two minutes writing up a post...so here I am and here it is. I may not post Tuesday but I PROMISE you, even if next Saturday is not a new post, the following Tuesday WILL BE!!

These were fun to make, and were a good chocolate roll-out cookie recipe. I made them with my BFFL Kristin, who got me the cookie cutters :)

Brownie roll-out cookies
Recipe by Deb's mom

3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup lightly salted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Whisk dry flour, salt and baking powder in bowl and set aside. Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and cocoa in mixer. Gradually add flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least one hour.

Roll out cookie dough on floured counter. Cut into desired shapes, brushing extra deposits of flour off the top. (It does disappear once baked, though, so don’t overly fret if they go into the oven looking white.) Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 8 to 11 minutes (the former for 1/8-inch thick cookies, the latter for 1/4-inch cookies) until the edges are firm and the centers are slightly soft and puffed.

Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! I want a redo of this day. These were so good, and of cours they are double plus good for being dinosaurs.

    ReplyDelete