Monday, June 7, 2010

Mini Quiches

Here's the second installment to my mom's belated Mother's Day breakfast! I did end up buying a frozen pie crust instead of making my own for this, and it made it unbelievably easy.

These tasted pretty good but I think I should have made sure there were more veggies and meat in each quiche. I put a tablespoon of cheddar and a tablespoon of broccoli mixed with turkey in half, and bacon in the other (I used about 2 strips of bacon, and cut up a large slice of deli turkey). I only put a few shakes of pepper and salt in there too and probably should have put more in. Also, when pouring 1/4 cup of the egg mixture into each muffin cup, I ran out, so I would put less in.

Mini Quiche
Recipe from Amber's Delectable Delights

1 roll refrigerated pie crust
6 eggs
1/3 cup half and half
3 cloves minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
Filling ingredients of your choice (meat, cheese, veggies, herbs)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray the wells of 12 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

Whisk together the eggs, half and half, garlic, salt and pepper and set aside.

Unroll the pie dough and cut out twelve 3" circles. You will have to smash all the scraps together and roll them out to get the last few circles cut out, but you will have enough dough. Place one dough circle into the bottom of each muffin cup.

Prepare filling ingredients and place ~2 tablespoons of filling per muffin cup.
Pour a scant 1/4 cup of the egg mixture over the filling ingredients in each muffin cup.
Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from muffin cups and let cool a few minutes before serving.



1 comment:

  1. this could be one of the few things containing broccoli that i might actually like...

    ReplyDelete