Monday, August 5, 2013

Cilantro Turkey Burgers With Chipotle Ketchup


Here it is--one of my absolute favorite meals (seriously, over the past year my mom has pretty much made it every single week) and the first meal I cooked for myself after I moved to San Francisco. I miss it so much already. I could eat this burger every day for the rest of my life, slathered in that delicious chipotle ketchup...ughhh so good. You will never, ever, EVER have a better burger.

Please make this, or at least try. Make it with the bun, make it without the bun, make it with a ton of fries or onion rings and cover those in the chipotle ketchup too...make extra ketchup, trust me.

Cilantro Turkey Burgers with Chipotle Ketchup
Recipe From Cooking Light

1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded Parmesan cheese
>1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound ground turkey
Cooking spray
1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
4 (2 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns
4 red leaf lettuce leaves



Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/3-inch-thick patty.

Heat a large grill pan or large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add turkey patties, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.


Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each patty with 1 tablespoon chipotle ketchup and 1 lettuce leaf. Cover with top halves of buns.


Remove 1 chile and 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from can. Reserve remaining chiles and sauce for another use. Mince the chile. Combine chile, adobo sauce, and ketchup.

2 comments:

  1. It may have seemed like every week, but I don't think I ever repeat a dish that often :). Now that you aren't here, I don't make these anymore :(.

    ReplyDelete