Thursday, March 8, 2012

Vanilla-Rich Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yes, I do already have a favorite chocolate chip cookie. But when my mom visited me over about a month ago, she brought me a huge, costco-sized bottle of vanilla extract...so what was I going to do? Find recipes that call for a LOT of vanilla.

And I found this recipe.

So I tried it, despite already having a favorite CCC. My favorite didn't change, but these are definitely a good one to try! They aren't as big but they're very flavorful. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. They were also very easy to make! If you want a new CCC recipe to try, these are easy and tasty to make!




Vanilla-Rich Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by My Tasty Treasures
Found on Ice Cream Before Dinner

3¼ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
1⅓ cups butter, softened
1¼ cups granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
4 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars in large bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded tablespoons (I used a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop) about 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until barely beginning to brown at the edges. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious and I love the smell of vanilla extract.

    ReplyDelete