Saturday, August 7, 2010

Coconut Macaroons

I don't know how these turned out because I didn't get to try one and nobody really told me. But these were the easiest things in the world to make...I just threw together the few, simple ingredients and scooped 'em out and baked them right after I baked those chocolate cookies. These were the last cookies I made to send...probably not a very good idea to send these (or the meringues I made) but they needed to be done!

Coconut Macaroons
Recipe from Martha Stewart's Cookies, found on A Chica Bakes

3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
2 large egg whites
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine sugar, coconut, egg whites, vanilla and salt. Using your hands, mix well, completely combining ingredients. Dampen your hands with cold water. Use 1 1/2 tablespoons to form mounds; place on prepared baking sheet, spacing about 1 inch apart. Bake until golden brown, 16-17 minutes, rotating halfway through (mine took about 15 minutes). Let cool on a wire rack. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.





2 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and crunchy and coconutty and, yes, SOOOOO GOOOODDDDDD

    ReplyDelete