Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hershey's Best Brownies

This is the first thing I tried to bake in my oven! For these brownies, I had to turn the oven to 400 degrees to get it to 350...but the next thing I baked got the oven to the right temperature. I wanted to double the original recipe and was afraid of getting poor results because there were SO many mixed reviews. Most people absolutely loved them and thought they were best, but there were a few who said they were terrible. I followed reviews and changed the recipe from doubling it exactly.

When I took these out of the oven, I thought they were burnt, but it turned out that they were fine. I don't really know how they turned out--I ate one fresh from the oven and it was a little hard to tell, because I just wanted to make sure it wasn't burnt--but out of all the people who ate them (there were a lot) there was one person who I could tell genuinely said they were really good. I don't think people thought they were the BEST brownies, but at least they weren't BAD.

Hershey's Best Brownies
Adapted by me from Hershey's

1 cup butter, melted
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Heat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.

Stir together melted butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Lightly beat eggs in a small bowl, then mix with butter and sugar mixture. In another bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking pwder and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture, blending until just mixed. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.

Bake for 20-25 minutes until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan or until a toothpick comes out clean. Be careful not to overbake. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.








No comments:

Post a Comment