Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chocolate Dalmations

Okay, so I haven't baked anything new...still. Now I have an excuse other than homework! I'm sick, or I think I am, because these past few days I've had this really annoying sore throat. Yesterday I had all the symptoms of a fever EXCEPT for the actual fever...weird. Today I just have the sore throat, so hopefully it's getting better.

Also, I have like...no ingredients...and no working oven...soooo. But anyway, these were really good cookies that I made in March. They kinda tasted shortbread-y and were just perfect and bite sized, I could have eaten the whole batch except there were wayy too many so maybe not.

Chocolate Dalmations
Original recipe from Marcel Desaulniers' Death by Chocolate Cookies
Recipe adapted by Peabody

4 ounces of white chocolate, chopped into ¼ inch pieces
¾ pound unsalted butter, cut into 1 ounce pieces
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
12 ounces semisweet chocolate mini-morsels

Preheat the oven to 350F.

Melt chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat. Use a rubber spatula to stir the chocolate until completely smooth, about 2 minutes.

Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle. Beat on medium for 4 minutes until light(but not fluffy). Add the vanilla extract and the melted white chocolate. Beat on medium for 1 minute. Operate the mixer on low while gradually adding the flour and salt. Mix for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the chocolate mini morsels and mix on low for 30 seconds. Remove the bowl from the mixer and use a spatula to finish mixing the ingredients until thoroughly combined.

Portion the dough into 48 slightly heaping tablespoons-sized pieces. Roll each portion into a ball. Place the dough balls onto a non-stick baking sheet, fitting 12 to a sheet. Place the baking sheets in the center rack. Bake for 14-16 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through the baking time. Remove the cookies from the oven and cool at room temperature.

2 comments:

  1. These were so good, I love them. Why isn't your oven working? :( I haven't christened the oven in my new apartment yet, I still need to do that.

    ReplyDelete