Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mocha Chip Cookies

Sorry for the lack of a post last week, and for an old recipe this week! I made these cookies over a year ago. I'm pretty sure I found the recipe I used...hopefully. I've been pretty busy because we were finishing up with my Junior Year of classes, and now finals are coming! I have a lot of projects due on Thursday, and then a couple exams I actually have to study for next week, but it's just overall pretty busy. I should have a new recipe (or at least a new item, I may reuse recipes) next weekend.

Also, Happy Mother's Day!!


Mocha Chip Cookies
Recipe by Nestle Toll House

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons Baking Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 tablespoons Instant Coffee Granules
2 tablespoons warm water
1 cup (6 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease baking sheets.

Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.

Combine Instant Coffee Granules and water in small bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved. Add to sugar mixture; mix well. Gradually mix in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are crisp. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

1 comment: