Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New York Style Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce

Lastly for my mom's bookgroup retreat, I made a New York Style Cheesecake with a strawberry sauce. They were reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: A Novel, by Jonathan Safran Foer, and since that's based in New York it seemed appropriate. This cheesecake is based off a recipe my mom used to make, so I don't know where it's from originally, but she has adapted it over the years. The strawberry sauce is just made by letting strawberries sit (either defrosted strawberries or fresh strawberries) and cut them up together and then mixing them with sugar to taste. It turned out great!!

Because I'm no longer home, I don't know the recipe...so if you want it, I'll post it later, so comment if you want it & keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment