Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chinese Pork and Egg Stir Fry

I got this recipe from Chinese One Dish Meals, a book my mom had at home, and it turned out really great. I think adding more egg and maybe some broccoli would have been good too. I'm not sure if the version you can buy at amazon (linked above) is the same that my mom has, but basically you marinate pork with soy sauce, cooking wine, and cornstarch; stir fry that, scramble some eggs, stir fry some spinach, and then some veggies (I followed the recipe and added onions, mushrooms, and carrots), and gradually add them all together with water, salt, sugar, cornstarch, sesame oil, and pepper. The exact recipe you can look for in the book, or you can probably whip up something similar yourself. I just thought everything went together well and it tasted great!

1 comment:

  1. Delicious and light. This is my kind of comfort food!

    ReplyDelete