Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mushroom Onion Quiche

This year my mom had another book group retreat. Last year, I made Lemon Cake with Chocolate Buttercream and Vanilla Yogurt Cake with Orange Glaze. This year, I made 3 different dishes. The first one is this Mushroom Onion Quiche, a quiche that my mom used to make back when she went to college. It's super easy and you can easily use a frozen crust (which I did, and then baked it and let it cool ahead of time) to cut down the time even more.


My Mom's College Mushroom-Onion Quiche

1 prebaked, 9-inch pie crust
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup grated swiss cheese plus 1 tsp flour
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Saute onions and mushrooms. Remove when onions are soft and transparent. Cool and spread on bottom of prebaked pie shell.

Toss cheese with flour and sprinkle over mushrooms and onions. Beat eggs with remaining ingredients until well mixed, and pour over mixture.

Bake at 375F for 30-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted at center and edge comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Easy and delicious - you did a great job with one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete