Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter Dinner


I usually don't do anything for Easter but this year I decided I wanted ham, which I picked up at Wegmans and just reheated. Then I threw together some beans derived partially from a recipe my mom sent me (though I kinda changed it a little...it ended up very lemony but it was alright, probably would add less next time though since I'm not sure how many beans I had!) and I threw together a potato recipe based on one I found at Allrecipes, here, but it's not exact so I rewrote a recipe below.

Green Beans
Adapted by me from my mom's recipe

About half a pound of green beans, trimmed
1 cup water
3/4 tbsp olive oil
3/4 tbsp butter
1 garlic clove, minced
juice from half a lemon
salt & pepper to taste

Bring water to boil in large skillet.

Lower heat and add beans and cover for about 8 minutes, simmering until tender.

Drain beans. Heat oil and butter in pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.

Add beans, lemon juice, salt&pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes or until heated.

Roast Potatoes
Recipe adapted by me from Allrecipes

Several small-medium sized potatoes, cut into small chunks to fit on a baking sheet
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp basil
black pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Place potatoes on the baking sheet and toss with oil, salt, oregano and basil until evenly coated. Add pepper to taste. You can add more oregano/basil as needed. Spread the potatoes in a single layer.

Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment