Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dorie Greenspan's Sweet Potato Biscuits

When my brother went to visit college last week, my mom was the one who drove him all day, so I told her I'd make dinner. It probably would have been more helpful if it was during one of the days where she worked, because since she took the day off to drive my brother, she actually got home pretty early. But oh well: I wanted something light, so I made Cooking Light's Chicken Cobb Salad, and made these biscuits that I've been wanting to make for a while.

I'm not a big fan of sweet potatoes, but my mom loves them. So I'm pretty sure my mom liked these, but again, they weren't MY favorite.

This recipe is from Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From My Home to Yours. Occasionally I post these recipes on my blog but I really shouldn't. Instead, you can find the recipe in that book, or from Prudence Pennywise.

This first batch I did, I rolled the dough out too thin and they turned out kind of thin, but didn't overbake and were still great:

The rest were better.
And here's the salad I made:

1 comment:

  1. This dinner was a delicious treat - I loved the salad and the biscuits! It's always nice to have someone else make dinner for you, so thanks again!

    ReplyDelete