Monday, June 9, 2014

Avocado Shrimp

I have a bunch of recipes actually sitting around in the queue, but it's been a) so hectic that I haven't had time to post about what I feel about the recipe and b) now a long time since I've made it so I can't even remember what I felt about the recipe!

This was a pretty good one though. I loved the fresh chunks of ripe avocado. Very yummy (I mean, come on, it's shrimp) and very easy. So quick to whip up! Just a little bit of prep, a very short amount of cooking, and voila!
Avocado Shrimp
Recipe from Apple of my Eye

1.5 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, diced
½ tbsp honey
¾ lb. Shrimp
1 avocado, diced
½ tomato, diced
2 limes, juiced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Red pepper flakes, to taste

Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add in the garlic, sautéing for 1 minute.

Add in the honey, stirring to combine.

Stir in the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just done. Don’t overcook!

Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Add in the diced avocado, tomato and lime juice.

Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste. Serve hot or cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment