Friday, March 21, 2014

Madeleines

For my birthday this year, my friend Marrisa sent me two Madeleine pans. I've ALWAYS wanted Madeleine pans, but for some reason never got around to getting any. Finally, FINALLY I could make some! A few weekends ago I made these alongside our breakfast coffee. SO good. I was starting off following one Allrecipes recipe, but while using their app, somehow my finger swiped too strong and the recipe changed without me noticing. I was suddenly following another recipe and was slightly confused by the change from what I'd remembered were the portions of each ingredient, but thought that maybe I'd misread the recipe the first time around.

By the time I noticed I'd switched recipes, it was too late, and I decided to just wing it. They turned out deliciously light and buttery. SO good. Love the zesty lemon flavor. I'd make these again in a heartbeat.

Madeleine's
Recipe adapted from Madeleines II and French Butter Cakes

2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp lemon zest
1/4 cup butter
1 cup confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter and flour 24 (3 inch) madeleine molds; set aside.

Melt butter and let cool to room temperature.

In a medium bowl beat eggs, vanilla and lemon zest with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar. Beat for 5 to 7 minutes or until thick and satiny.

Sift together the flour and baking powder. Sift one-fourth of the flour mixture over the egg mixture, gently fold in. Fold in the remaining flour by fourths. Then fold in the melted and cooled butter. Spoon batter into the prepared molds, filling 3/4 full.

Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are golden and the top s spring back. Cool in molds on a rack for 1 minute. Loosen cookies with a knife. Invert cookies onto a rack and cool. Sift confectioners' sugar over the tops. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment