Sunday, June 19, 2011

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are SO. GOOD. So make them. I found the recipe adapted from another recipe and ended up making some changes (had no mini chocolate chips so I made it all normal size, and then added a whole cup. Also, I didn't have unsalted butter so I used salted and then omitted the extra salt...and then accidentally added the whole stick of butter instead of 7 tbsp, but they turned out GREAT). I made them for my friend Rose's graduation (congrats yayy) party, but she didn't even get to eat any! One second they were there, sitting on a plate unopened on the counter. Next time I looked they had all disappeared. I guess they were a hit. Make them! They're so good, and so easy!

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Sugar Cooking, who adapted it from Alpineberry

1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt, if using unsalted butter
1 stick butter, at room temp
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Mix together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside dry ingredients.
Cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in Nutella and vanilla extract. Mix in egg.

Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add chocolate chips.

Chill for 1 hour. (This step can be skipped if you want, but I always chill my cookie dough because I think it makes a huge difference).

Drop tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 for about 11 minutes until the edges look set. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then carefully remove to cooling racks.

1 comment:

  1. As you know, I love chocolate, and these cookies really hit the spot. Nutella is pretty good stuff, but these cookies are amazingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete